I guess you are wondering what kind of a cheap food could be healthy with a lot of benefits for our health. Usually, when we think about an economic meal, in our mind comes junk food or something precooked and totally unhealthy.
Today I have great news for you, I will share with you a little secret, a very cheap meal (10-12€, 6-7 servings) which contains three of the world’s healthiest ingredients.
According to studies, SPINACH, GARLIC and FETA CHEESE are recognised word-wide for their benefits.
- Improves immune system (Vitamin A)
- Important source of vitamin for pregnant women (high in Vitamin B9)
- Keeps your bones & muscles strong (Calsium & Iron)
- Improves oxidative stress, eyesight & blood pressure (vitamin K1)
- Prevents cancer
- Fights Alzheimer’s disease
- Improves neurological function (vitamin C)
- For more info click here and here
Garlic / The “immunity shot”:
- Supports energy level & brain function (vitamins B)
- Rich in Manganese, selenium, iron, copper & potassium
- Boost heart health
- Improves and supports cognitive process
- Reduce blood pressure
- Reduce the risk of developing chronic deceases (vitamin C)
- For more info click here
- Helps to reduce migraines and other forms of chronic headache (vitamin B2)
- Helps to reduce the levels of Anemia (vitamin B12)
- Improved body composition (high in CLA)
- Supports bones (Calsium)
- is a vegetarian source of protein
- For more info click here
That’s amazing!! Lets see what you will need for this dish!
2 medium white onions
1 garlic clove
300g feta cheese (preferably Low in fat)
500g tomato Passata
3 bunches fresh spinach
Red CHILLI FLAKES, DRY BASIL ,ground black pepper & SALT
shaved cheese for garnish
2 oven pans to place the cannelloni
Step 1: Cut & wash spinach
Step 2: Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped garlic & onions, cook for 2 – 3 minutes until translucent. Add also red chili flakes & salt.
Step 3: Once the onions & the garlic mix are cooked add spinach (5-6 min).
Step 4: Place spinach mix in a colander & press out most of the liquid (don’t need to thoroughly squeeze dry). Then place Spinach mix in bowl & mix it with feta cheese.
Step 5: Filling
*Don’t forget to sanitize your hands first!
Final step: Spread the tomato passata over the cannelloni (the picture shows the small pan I use). Add some dry basil, ground black pepper & salt. Top with shaved cheese before cooking.
*Different cheeses have different saltiness. If you use salty cheese for garnish or more amount than I used I would recommend to not add any salt.
Place in the oven & cook for 35 to 40 minutes at 180C or UNTIL the top is golden & the pasta tender