I hope you are all doing well.
I heard that you are getting tired of cooking every day. Well… me too!! But here you will discover an easy solution to enjoy your time cooking and your food.
Turn on the radio
Dance for 5 minutes and then you are good to go 🙂
Open the fridge and check if you have any leftover food.
If you have any leftover food think how you can eat/serve it again! -- A few days ago, my brother's girlfriend cooked too much quinoa with bulgur and I did not want to threw it away. Check below how I used it again.
This is how Quinoa & Bulgur mix looks like
- For one portion you can use 1 cup of Quinoa & Bulgur (Recipe for the mix is below)
To make it more ‘attractive’ and presentable put some color on it.
food Color has a psychological impact. did you know about this? psychologists say that food color has impact on the expectations; the vision helps flavor PERCEPTION and the brain To enjoy the food MORE.
It could be a helpful tip if you are on a diet.https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0022435919300703
I also had some butternut squash in my fridge.
2. I peeled it and cut it into 1-inch cubes (2/3 cup). Then I put it in a small sheet pan, added some salt, smoked paprika and pepper and baked it for 15-20 min.
Roasted Butternut Squash
Add it on the bowl with the quinoa & bulgur
3. Meanwhile, I chopped a medium cucumber & I de-seeded a small pomegranate.
4. I added some baby rocket and sun-dried tomatoes.
5. As soon as the roasted butternut squash was ready, I added some low-fat feta cheese.
Chilli flakes & pumpkin seeds for the end.
Ingredients for quinoa & bulgur (one portion):
- 1 small Cypriot coffee cup filled up with quinoa & bulgur
- 1/2 vegetable stock
In heated water (1 cup) pour the stock and the quinoa & bulgur mix. In about 20 minutes it will be ready.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THE SALAD
- 2/3 butternut squash
- 1 fresh pomegranate
- 1 medium cucumber
- fresh baby rocket
- 4-5 sun-dried tomatoes
- low-fat feta cheese
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chilli flakes
- Salt & black pepper